Coconut oil, what can't it do! This natural beauty cure-all has a long shelf life making it perfect to buy in bulk and use for everything. We're not kidding, when we say "everything" - check out five of the many ways we use coconut oil in our beauty routine. Also, through these swaps, you can begin to eliminate the amount of plastics in your bathroom routine, better for your health and the planet's!
- Make-up remover: apply coconut oil directly to your face, and remove with a cotton pad. It'll take your make-up off with it (even waterproof mascara!)
- Face or Body Moisturizer: Sweet-smelling and rich in fatty acids, coconut oil is an ideal body and face moisturizer. Use it anywhere on your body (including your face) for a natural alternative to store-bought lotions. For best absorption levels, put it on right after you get out of the shower and your skin is still damp. And if you have a dog, be prepared for some extra doggie kisses when you have coconut oil on you!
- Hair De-frizzer: Treat your hair to a deep condition with hot coconut oil! Apply to dry hair, let it sit for ~an hour, then shampoo and condition as normal. Get ready for a healthy sheen!
- Lip Balm: Coconut oil stays solid at room temp, so pack some in mini jar and keep it in your purse for a natural lip balm. Take that chapped lips!
- Breath Freshener: Given coconut oil's anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, this is great one to add to your morning routine! Melt a spoonful of coconut oil and gargle it for 20 minutes. You might have to work-up to this amount of time, but you'll be rewarded with fresher breath, healthier gums, and whiter teeth.
Just a reminder: always opt for organic coconut oil, especially if you're implementing it into your beauty routine!
Purchase your own organic coconut oil today to make some beauty swaps that will not only benefit your health and wellbeing, but also reduce the amount of plastics and packaging that are associated with your beauty routine.