Need a simple & veggie-ful alternative for pasta? This easy, healthy and delicious spaghetti squash recipe is the perfect summer recipe to try out!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Avocado Oil
- Parchment Paper (Unbleached)
- Sauce for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Grab your squash and cut the ends off using a sharp knife
- Using that sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise
- Scrape out all the seeds and insides
- Drizzle with oil (we prefer Avocado Oil because of the high smoke point) and distribute the oil evenly with a silicone brush
- Season with Sea Salt and Ground Pepper
- Flip face down on a baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper (Unbleached) and bake at 400°F degrees for 30-45 minutes. You'll know it's ready when you poke a fork in the back and it easily punctures the skin.
- Let cool slightly, grab a fork and gently scrape the insides out.
- Eat plain or top with your favorite sauce/toppings!
We love this healthy & nutritious substitute for pasta. You can enjoy it plain or add you favorite pasta sauce, roasted veggies or toppings to make it your own!
Check out this fun & simple "Spaghetti Squash How To" recipe video.