6-Ingredient Walnut “Meat” Balls (Vegan)
Go NUTS with your meatballs! This vegan "meat" ball recipe is walnut based, simple to make, and delicious.
- 3 C Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C chopped onions (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients (excluding the optional onions / sesame seeds) into a food processor and grind until well combined into a dough
- (optional) If you want some additional texture, remove from food processor and stir in the chopped onions and sesame seeds
- Form into balls; they will be pretty soft and squishy at this point
- Put the balls onto an oiled skillet on medium heat, and lightly brown the sides (flip every minute or so); this will give them a bit more firmness and heat them up
- They’re ready to serve! Our favorite way to eat them is on top of a salad, or with marinara sauce over zoodles.