Supplier Feature: Golden Prairie Oats
We are delighted to put the spotlight on Golden Prairie Oats, based in Nunn, Colorado for our latest supplier feature! Golden Prairie Oats was founded in 1989 and has been a family run operation for 3 generations.
Golden Prairie Oats has always used organic growing practices and was one of the first certified organic farms in Colorado in 1990. They are committed to transparent growing practices and catering to those with celiac disease with their gluten free guarantee.
We were recently able to learn a bit more about the mission and ethos of Golden Prairie Oats:
Why do you do what you do?
We have chosen organic farming because we believe this is the safest and most nutritious way to grow food. We care about the safety of our employees and planet and have as a family decided organic is our best method.
What’s an interesting fact about the ingredients you grow?
Oats are found in about 75% of all American households...are they in yours?
If you could ask everyone reading this to do you a favor, what would it be?
Please help support American farm families. As organic farmers, we are a diverse and hard working group, and have you and your families health, our environment, and our communities as our priorities.
Is there anything else you would like to share?
Make sure you understand the differences between organic and non organic foods, they are worlds apart. Certified organic is the consumers only guarantee that you are truly buying organic.
Sun & Swell is proud to support a family run, organic farm and bring their ingredients to a wider audience! Check out this recipe for an extra special bowl of overnight oats:
- In a small pot, soak oats in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain the oats.
- Add the drained oats to a pot along with a cup of water.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring the heat down to low and simmer for 5min.
- Take the oats off heat and let them cool a bit.
- Add the oats and dates to a food processor and blend until well mixed
- Place oats in a bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- To customize your oats, add a fruit topping of your choice (berries and bananas are delicious) and to add a crunch try sprinkling some granola or almonds on top.
- Grab a spoon and dig in. Enjoy!