Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Tomato Sauce
We love spaghetti squash over here at Sun & Swell and if you have never made it, check out this quick tutorial by our founder Kate that shows how easy it is to make yummy pasta out of squash. This creamy tomato sauce is like icing on the cake. It combines a few simple and healthy ingredients to create a decadent vegan sauce that avoid refined sugars. We make a ton of it and store it in a Tupperware in the fridge to heat up and use on top of pastas. We can't wait to hear what you all think!
Check out this short how-to video and make the recipe yourself!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cups raw cashews (Soaked for 10 minutes in boiling water and then drained)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut in half, drizzle with Olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake @ 375 for 35 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle in the olive oil and garlic powder and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until blistered and tender.
- Once the tomatoes are done baking, in a high speed blender or food processor combine the cashews, tomato paste, roasted tomatoes, garlic powder, chili flakes and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the sauce is completely smooth and there are no bits of cashew left.
- Fork the spaghetti squash out into a bowl, add half of the sauce and sprinkle with salt and basil.