Don't Ditch the Greens - Sauteed Beet Stems Recipe
Nothing beats a farmer’s market vegetable haul! One of our favorite veggies to buy fresh is beets. While there are endless beet recipes - from shredded beet slaw to pureed beet dip - our go-to is good old fashioned roasted beets and sautéed beet stems.
Sautéed beet stems is a great way to use the entire beet (no more waste!). They taste very similar to sautéed spinach, and with just a few simple ingredients and steps you can transform these compost-bound greens into a tasty side dish!
Sautéed Beet Stems
- Olive oil
- Beet stems - cleaned and chopped (make sure to clean thoroughly - they often have a lot of dirt on them!)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat sauté pan coated with olive oil
- Keep on medium heat, add the beet greens
- Toss until greens are wilted (5-8 minutes)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper