This is the perfect vegan, protein-packed snack! You can serve them as a side dish or add them to a meal to add texture.Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
How to cook the chickpeas
- soak chickpeas overnight
- drain and rinse
- put in a pot with a few inches of water until boiling. Turn down heat to a simmer and cover for 90-120 minutes until tender
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
- Transfer the dried chickpeas to the baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Ovens can vary, if your chickpeas are not crispy enough, keep going until they are!
- Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices, if using.