This organic vegan burger recipe is a great way to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling better about it! Perfect for any lunch or dinner, it is easy to make in under an hour. Made with our organic dried chickpeas and brown rice, you are not only making the planet happy, but your tummy too.
- 2 cups organic chickpeas*
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
*if using dried chickpeas, two cups after rehydrated, as dried chickpeas expand about 2x their size.
If preparation, cook dried chickpeas:
- Soak dried chickpeas overnight to rehydrate
- Add chickpeas to a large pot and cover with several inches of water, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (1-2 hours)
If using canned chickpeas, give them a 20-min simmer for a creamier consistency.
- Puree chickpeas, brown rice, garlic, cumin, and salt in food processor into a thick paste. Make sure it’s a paste, and not crumbly. Add additional salt, to taste.
- Create four ½-inch thick patties (about 1/2 cup of mixture each)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side
Serve with ketchup, lettuce wrap, or whatever else you enjoy!