"Cheese-y" Broccoli and Rice (vegan, gf)
This simple vegan recipe provides you with nutrients (from the sauce) and your veggies and grains all in one meals!
- 1 C cashews
- 1/2 C nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour**
- 2 large cloves garlic (or 3 small)
- 1 C water
- 2 C wild rice (cooked)
- 2 C broccoli (chopped into small pieces)*
*for grain free, use 4 cups broccoli and no rice
**arrowroot flour makes the "cheese" a little stickier consistency. You can omit, but "cheese" may be a little runnier (it will still taste yummy!)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put cooked rice + broccoli (or just broccoli) into baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients for the cheese in a high speed blender, starting with 1/2 tsp salt, and then adding other 1/2 if you want. Pour mixture over broccoli / rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 10 minutes.
Try out this simple vegan recipe and if you're missing some ingredients, shop now to order yours in compostable packaging!