These Beet Brownies are so simple to make and a great way to hide veggies inside a delicious treat. The cacao and coconut oil combination give these a rich taste, and the added raisins or dates give an amazing texture!
- 1 cup cooked red beet puree (3 medium beets)
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)*
- 1/3 cup date syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
Top with Macadamia Nut Frosting or other frosting of choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an bread loaf pan with parchment paper
- Make beet purée: put 2 small beats or 1 large beet in a high speed mixer with about 1 Tbsp water and blend until smooth. If needed, add more water slowly (1 Tbsp at a time) until you're able to puree beets.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (cashew flour, cacao powder, baking powder, coconut sugar, raisins or dates, and sea salt).
- In a different bowl, whisk the beet puree, coconut oil, date syrup, lemon juice, and flax eggs. Then add these to the dry ingredients until mixed well until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour in baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes. When you pull it out of the often, it will feel a little mushy on the top fridge. Stick it in the fridge for 1 hour or more for it to firm up, and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove from fridge and frost before serving.
**A note about coconut oil: You can use refined or unrefined coconut oil. Unrefined is our preference as it's less processed, but it has a stronger coconut flavor, so it makes this recipe more coconut forward. If you prefer less coconut flavor, use refined.
Shop ingredients for Beet Brownies: