Almond Butter Cacao Cups
A healthy take on the classic peanut butter cup, our Almond Butter Cacao Cups are made with only 5 ingredients and so easy to make!
Recipe makes 12 full size almond butter cups.
- 1 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2/3 Cup Cacao Powder
- 5 Tbsp Date Syrup*
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
*Sub in honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice. You can use more/less sweetener, depending on your preference!
1. Line a muffin pan paper muffin liners. If you don't have a muffin pan, you can just set muffin liners out on a plate. Mini cups are a fun option too :)
2. Mix together coconut oil, cacao powder, date syrup (or sweetener of choice), and pinch of salt to form a chocolate sauce. You may want to start with less than the recommended amount of sweetener, then add more until you reach your preferred level of sweetness.
3. Pour a layer of chocolate into each of the muffin liners (remember, the chocolate needs to last you for both the bottom and top layer!). Add on a spoonful of almond butter, then top with the final layer of chocolate.**
4. Freeze for ~1 hour and enjoy! (Optional: sprinkle with some salt before putting in freezer.)
**Because you are scooping in the almond butter while the chocolate is still in liquid form, the almond butter may show through the bottom of your almond butter cups. This is the way I do it because I like to save time. If you want a solid chocolate layer in the bottom, freeze the first layer for ~15-30 minutes until it's a little more solid, and then add on the almond butter / second layer of chocolate.