5-Minute Turmeric Latte (vegan)
This combination of healing spices will warm you up and leave you feeling satisfied. A nutrient filled hot drink that is creamy and vegan! The ingredients work together to help your body regulate its inflammatory response and turmeric is a great source of antioxidants. Take five minutes today to nourish your body with this yummy latte.Ingredients
- 3 cups almond milk (DIY almond milk from our blog using our almonds)
- 1 1/ 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/ 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/ 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Date syrup to taste
- To a small saucepan, add almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon, coconut oil, black pepper, and date syrup (I usually add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) date syrup
- Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling – about 4 minutes – whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor.
- Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind. Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.