These fries are a must-try for comfort food lovers. This extremely simple recipe is the perfect snack, side dish, or appetizer for any occasion. Just as good as regular fries but with a healthy and fresh twist. More delicious, and less calories. Try it with our vegan chickpea burger for a perfect combo!
- 3 medium zucchinis
- ½ cup almond milk (DIY nut milk recipe)
- ½ cup tapioca powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a metal cooking pan with nonstick spray
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into fries that are about ½ inch thick and 3-4 inches long and pat fries dry
- Pour almond milk into shallow bowl, and dry ingredients into another shallow bowl. Dip each fry in milk, then immediately into the dry ingredients bowl, covering it completely
- Shake off excess breading and place on greased pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries and bake for another 15 minutes, until crispy (broil on high for 1-2 minutes for extra crisp at the end)
* Thank you to Addison Labonte from Organically Addison for the recipe!