If you’re an ice cream lover you are all set with this delicious pistachio ice cream recipe. With a creamy and nutty flavor you can’t resist, you can feel good about this refined sugar-free dessert! With just a few simple steps, you are on your way to making a creamy frozen dessert for the family to enjoy (or keep it to yourself, we won’t tell!)
- 2 ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup date syrup
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine coconut milk and pistachios in a high powered blender, mix until smooth and creamy
- Add date syrup and almond extract, blend together
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for about 20-30 minutes
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours
- Garnish with additional chopped pistachios!
If you don’t have an ice cream maker:
- Once you blend the ingredients, pour mixture into a loaf pan and freeze
- If you want your ice cream to be extra creamy, stir the mixture with a metal spoon every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours
- It'll be icier and harder than with an ice cream maker, but still just as delicious!