This reconstructed, vegan apple pie is absolutely too good to be true. It is perfectly sweet, without the refined sugar, and crisp without the gluten. This dessert is definitely one you will remember for a long time, and want to make for you friends and family every time they come over! Try it topped with our delicious coconut whipped cream for an extra addition of sweet creaminess.
- 2 ½ pounds apples, peeled and either sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup almond meal
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the apples with coconut sugar, salt, and lemon, transfer to a 9x13” baking dish in an even layer.
- In a food processor, add the almond meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt and pulse about 10 times. Add in melted oil and pulse about 15 times.
- Add in the oats, walnuts, and water, pulse till the mixture forms small clumps. Sprinkle this topping over the apples, breaking the mixture up and pressing it into the apples as needed.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.