This warm split pea soup is a go-to for lunch or dinner this winter. A great option to make in bulk on Sunday and have for a quick, healthy meal during the week. We can't wait to see what you all think!
- 1 lb dry split peas (rinsed, soaked overnight, and drained)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups broth or water (broth will add more flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- Put everything in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Place 1/2 to 3/4 of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Combine with the rest of soup and serve.
Note: if you'd like to add ham to your split pea soup, include a ham hock in the slow cooker. Remove ham hock after the 8 hours, shred, then combine again with soup once it has been blended.
Order some dried split peas here, throw in veggies from your fridge, and you've got yourself a delicious dinner!