Smashed potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish!
- 1 lb small round potatoes (e.g., red potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Sea salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450
- Boil potatoes in a pot until potatoes are tender - ~15-20 minutes
- Transfer potatoes to lined baking sheet and smash with bottom of mason jar or other glass
- Drizzle potatoes with oil; use a pastry brush if you have it to spread the oil out on each potato (you can always use your fingers if you don't!)
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Roast until golden and crispy, ~25-30 minutes
Note: if you want them crispier, smash them thin and leave them in longer. If you prefer a bit fluffier, don't smash as much and leave in for less time. We love both ways!