These gluten-free, zucchini cacao muffins are ideal for on-the-go breakfast or a quick midday snack. With no refined sugar, these muffins give you a sweet treat without the sugar rush. Simple and easy, these can be baked at the beginning of the week and taken to-go when needed.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs (or sub flax eggs*)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup date syrup
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao, baking soda, salt)
- Separately mix eggs (whisked)(or flax egg), coconut oil, and date syrup. Combine with dry ingredients, then fold in zucchini and raisins.
- Scoop into lined muffin tin, distributing evenly
- Bake for ~20 minutes (you’ll know it’s ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean).