We are all about simple summer recipes - especially when they are purple! We love this 6-ingredient simple soup recipe by Christine's Clean Eats (and we also love that it's topped with our Roasted Nuts & Seeds Mix!).
Purple Cauliflower Soup
- 2 large heads purple cauliflower, roughly broken apart into florets
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: Sun & Swell's Roasted Nuts & Seeds Mix
- Put cauliflower, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and water into a large pot and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender
- Using an immersion blender, blend all contents of the pot OR very carefully transfer contents of pot to a traditional blender and blend in batches
- Add salt to taste (I probably used about 1 tbsp)
- For a little extra crunch, top with Sun & Swell's Roasted Nuts & Seeds Mix
A note from Christine:
Like with all of my recipes, think of the measurement amounts as a guide! In particular with this one, the amount of water you use may be different for a couple reasons. The size of your cauliflower, if it’s smaller, you’ll want less water. Or the amount of water may change based on how thick you want the soup to be. The beauty of this recipe is it’s simplicity, so don’t overthink it and just get creative with tweaking amounts of ingredients you use.
Check out more of Christine's clean recipes here!