This fall inspired delicious dish is plant based, vegan, and gluten free. We add cinnamon, pecans, date syrup, and dried pears to give it that perfect fall flavor with just the right amount of sweetness!
- 3 acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp Date Syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- .5 lb mushrooms
- Dried pears (chopped)
- 1-1.5 cups cooked quinoa or wild rice
- Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the top off the acorn squash, then scoop out the seeds inside.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Brush with date syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (rotating halfway through), until the squash is tender when poked with a fork.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and celery until soft.
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon, mushrooms, and dried pears. Continue to cook until tender.
- Add cooked quinoa or rice to mixture and toss until combined.
- Stuff squash and heat in oven until warm.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with date syrup and olive oil.