Mung bean is one of the most delicious legumes, and a wonderful source of protein, fiber, antioxidants and minerals. They’re great for your cholesterol, digestion, and blood sugar.
Enjoy all the health benefits of mung beans in this delicious vegan mung bean soup. It’s quick, easy, and full of flavor! (Recipe courtesy of Live Eat Learn)
- 2 cups dried mung beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and clean mung beans with cold water. Add beans to a large pot with vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to reach a gentle simmer, then cook the beans, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until they are soft.
- While mung beans cook, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and celery. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add to the pot of mung beans.
- Add can of coconut milk and chopped spinach. Simmer until coconut milk is hot and spinach has wilted.