This homemade orange garland is so easy to make and it leaves your house smelling so nice. Even better, you're getting into the seasonal spirit without the single-use waste. We use these on the tree, as an addition to fresh garland, or in replacement of the bow on top of a present. Happy crafting!
- 4 large oranges
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- twine or clear fishing line
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F
- Slice oranges 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and place in a single layer on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Blot orange slices to remove some moisture
- Place in oven and bake for ~3 hours. Flip halfway through. Keep an eye on the slices and take them out when they turn slightly brown. (Depending on the thickness bake time can vary).
- Let them cool and then string them together. You can vary the distance between the slices and the string used depending on preference. We love to tie twine around one slice and create the perfect natural addition to any present or use as an ornament on the tree!