This simple, sweet recipe elevates breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We use dried fruit and dates as a natural sweetener to make the perfect fruit topping. Try it on pancakes, chia pudding, ice cream, oatmeal, and more! Check out our Banana Pancake and Chia Pudding recipes and add this fruit compote as the perfect topping!
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped dried fruit - peaches, pears and apricots. **Tip - use kitchen shears to cut fruit.
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and cut into quarters.
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick about 3 “ long
- 1 star anise
- 1 1/4 “ sliced fresh ginger
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until fruit has softened and sauce has thickened (20-30 min). Add more liquid as needed.
- Remove cinnamon stick , star anise and ginger before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use as topping over ice cream , yogurt, oatmeal or as a condiment to a meal.