Decadent and delicious three layer bars! These are the perfect guilt-free dessert. There are a few more steps here than most of our recipes because you are making three separate layers - but each layer is super easy and quick on its own.
All ingredients needed for this recipe are available to purchase in the Sun & Swell Pantry!
First Layer - Date & Cashew Crust
Second Layer - Almond Butter Spread
- 1 C Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Date Syrup*
- Pinch of Salt
- Almond Meal or Gluten-Free Flour (to thicken - you may or may not need this)
Third Layer - Cacao Fudge
- 1/2 C Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 C Cacao Powder
- 1/2 C Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/4 C Date Syrup*
- Pinch of Salt
*Can sub for other syrup sweetener, like honey or maple syrup
Date & Cashew Crust (First Layer):
1. Put cashews, cacao, and salt in food processor and blend until cashews are finely chopped and ingredients are mixed together. Remove from food processor.
2. Put dates in food processor and chop. Then add back the other ingredients to food processor and blend all together.
3. After combined, it may look crumbly. If you pick up a handful of the mixture and pack it together in your hand, it should combine and hold together as a crust. If it doesn't, you may need more dates. Remove mixture from food processor, add 1/2 C more dates, chop, and combine with rest of mix.
4. Pick up a handful of mixture at a time, pack together so it forms a crust, and press it into the base of a parchment lined baking pan to form the first layer. After the base layer is in place, you may want to place another piece of parchment on top and smash it all down with a mason jar or other flat surface, just to pack it in extra tight.
Almond Butter Spread (Second Layer):
1. Mix almond butter, date syrup, and salt together in a bowl.
2. You want this layer to be spreadable and not runny. If your almond butter is on the thinner side, you may need to add 1/4 C - 1/2 C of almond meal (or another gluten-free flour) to thicken this layer up. Start with a small amount and add more as needed.
3. Once almond butter layer is at a spreadable consistency, spread it on top of the first layer.
4. Place the first two layers in the freezer to chill for about 10-15 min (while you make the last layer)
Cacao Fudge (Third Layer):
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
2. You want this to be smooth and pourable. Depending on the thickness of your almond butter, you may need to put this in a saucepan on the stovetop for a few minutes to make it thinner. If your almond butter is already pretty thin, you may be able to skip this step. If you put it on on the stovetop, let it chill for about ~5 minutes until you move onto step 3.
3. Remove the pan with first 2 layers from freezer, and top with chocolate. Put back in freezer, and freeze for 30+ minutes, until top layer solidifies.
Keep in the freezer until ready to serve, as chocolate layer will melt at room temp.
Missing any of these ingredients? We've got you covered. We can send any of the ingredients in this recipe to your door! Free shipping over $60.