Steer clear of refined-sugar-ridden spreads! This simple fig jam recipe is delicious and fun to make. We love making our own jam because we know exactly what goes into it and it is so simple and easy. After we make it, we put it in an airtight jar (a mason jar works fine or an old jam jar).
This recipe makes the perfect fig jam that can be put out with a charcuterie board or spread on toast for a healthy breakfast. We have also recently combined it with some almond butter for the best almond butter and jelly sandwich. We can't wait for you all to try this recipe out. We promise, once you make your own jam, you'll never buy store-bought jam again. Better for your health and your wallet.
- 1/2 C dried figs (stems cut off, soaked)
- 1/4 C water (can use water the figs soaked in)
- 1 Tbsp date syrup
- Soak figs in water for ~15 minutes.
- Put them in blender with 1/4 C water (you can use some of the water they soaked in!) and date syrup.
- Mix until it forms a jelly consistency. If needed, add a little more water to get it to this consistency.
*Nothing beats a fig jam and almond butter sandwich!